Friday, 3 September 2010

Day 14: Bye byes!

Our last morning together, saying our thankyous, farewells, keepintouchs and when'sthenexttrip?s...


lovely breakfast prepared by Christel, her brother and her mum, and included a glass of pink bubbles from our favourite Le Roux.


Then onto Cape Town airport (via Christel's brother's florist) where Sarah and I drink coffee and wait for our flight to Jburg:The pilot and airstewards aboard Kululu have typical South African relaxed attitude and humour – while explaining the life jackets, he quips that he’ll try to find some water to land on if we have make an emergency landing…
The sky is clear and the views from the plane are gorgeous, light and shadows on the mountains, informal settlements, roads that criss-cross in a seemingly random fashion, and patchwork irrigated farmland.

Johannesburg is cold in comparison to the Cape, and we are back to thick layers!  Sarah, her dad and friend Kim and I eat at their local steak house, where the staff know him well.

Day 15:  Sarah, her dad and I go out for a number of errands before setting off for the airport, a visit to the family butcher to stock up on Biltong, DroĆ«wors and other dried meat products, and then to a large Christian bookshop. 


I meet a friend up with a friend for coffee while waiting to check in, and enjoy telling stories of our adventure.

We have been extremely blessed on this trip, seen amazing things and experienced so much of South Africa's richness.  It makes me determined to return to this place.   Once on my flight back to Europe I fall asleep dreaming of our trip...

1 comment:

  1. Cool as! Seem to be an abundance of EATING photos... ;-)

    ReplyDelete